Episode 40: 5 Things Every Public Facing Person Should Have
In this episode of Beyond the Business Suit I want to talk about some of the things people who are public facing should have in their arsenal. This includes those of you interested in public speaking, positioning yourself as a expert about a certain topic, or even senior executives with media visibility. Here's the list of things for your arsenal — listen to the episode for the full details that you don't want to miss.
- A consistent and clearly defined personal brand.
- A Bio: You want it to be around 150 – 200 words, and include career highlights, education, accomplishments and some light personal information.
- Social Media Presence: At the very least you should have a well developed LinkedIn profile. When you're public facing, you will have more exposure and more opportunities for people to look for you on social channels.
- Professional Headshot: A good headshot by professional photographer can be done without spending a lot of money. If you are an executive, chances are you have one through your company. If you are getting pictures done soon make sure to check out episode 18 for tips.
- A preferred way for people to connect with you.
Do you have anything you would add to the list? Leave a comment below!