Episode 8: (Part 2) CEO Whisperer Tish Squillaro Helps Us Get Rid of Our ‘Head Trash’
This is part 2 of my conversation with Tish Squillaro, “CEO Whisperer,” founder of CANDOR Consulting and co-author of HeadTrash: Clearing Out the Junk that Stands Between You and Success. If you haven’t listened to Part 1, check out this link to listen to it first as well as read her bio, learn more about her background and more. In part 2 of our conversation, Tish talks about what’s next for her including a new venture targeting a group that really needs career advice.
What you'll learn and other info from this episode:
– Why delegation is all about control and how to handle it when it rears its ugly head.
– How Tish handles balance and managing her life.
– How what you do at home follows you into the office and vice versa.
– You can uncover your own head trash by taking this “Head Trash Index” at HeadTrash911.com
The Final 10
10 questions we ask everyone we interview to learn some fun insights about them. Here are Tish’s responses:
- Tish’s first job: Selling lingerie at a flea market.
- Tish’s secret weapons of success: Her fighter instinct.
- 3 words Tish would use to describe her personal brand: confident, driven and caring.
- The best advice Tish ever received: Be comfortable with who you are.
- What Tish thinks makes a good leader: Listening and compassion.
- Tish’s morning routine: The family must make beds and unload the dishwasher before they leave the house.
- How Tish manages her life, family and career: It's all about making choices. She balances things that she would “like to” do with things that she “must” do.
- What Tish reads, watches or listens to keep sharp: In her downtime she reads “junk” magazines and light movies because her mind is always racing. These things help her mentally escape.
- Some of Tish’s favorite things: Traveling and playing tennis with her family and seeing Broadway shows.
- How you can connect with Tish online:
Check out HeadTrash's website.
Here's how you can get your copy of HeadTrash. Also, after you take the Head Trash Index, I want to hear from you! What are the top two types of head trash that are impacting you?
Listen to part 2 of my interview with Tish here: