Episode 84: How to Prepare to Quit Your Corporate Job
In the latest episode of Beyond the Business Suit, I'm discussing a topic that I've been asked about a lot: how to prepare yourself to leave your corporate job and start your own business. And, since it's Women’s Small Business Month, it's timely as well.
Here are eight steps to take (listen to the episode for full details):
- Decide what type of business you're going to have.
- Think about how you're going to make money.
- Start on the side.
- Put systems in place.
- Give proper notice to your job.
- Don't check out until you leave.
- Ask for recommendations before you leave.
- Tell people what you are doing.
Also mentioned in this episode: