Episode 85: 5 Resources You Need When You Start a New Business
In this episode of Beyond the Business Suit, we're covering part 2 for the “quit your day job” series. Last week we talked about how to prepare for quitting your corporate job. Today, we're talking about what resources you should have in place when you do.
Here are the 5 resources you should have in place:
- Accounting Software: I use FreshBooks (and FreshBooks is giving a free month to you and me if you try it by using this link!)
- Email Marketing Platform: I use Mailchimp, but there are others like Ontraport, AWeber and more. You likely won't need an email platform as sophisticated as Infusionsoft when you first get started.
- Online Payment Processing: I love using Freshbooks for payments since they make it easy to track your P&L, but I have also used PayPal for convenience. Stripe is another tool that people seem to like (though I haven't used it before).
- Calendaring System: I use Calendly, but I know some people who use ScheduleOnce and like it a lot.
- An Accountant: Preferably a CPA, who can help you understand the tax procedures for your type of business.
Listen to the full episode for all of the details. Have you left corporate to start a business? What resources did you use to get started? Leave a comment below!