Episode 47: 5 Ways to Elevate Any Look
In this episode of Beyond the Business Suit I'm going to give you 5 ways to elevate any look. Listen to the episode for the details, but below you can see the five tips as well as some examples for each.
- A bold lip: One of my favorites is Tom Ford's red lip hues. Cherry Lush is one of my favorite reds from his line.
- Statement jewelry: You want to go with preferably a statement necklace or statement cuff. One option could be this metal detail jeweled statement necklace that comes from Zara.
- A patent leather pump: This Ivanka Trump Janie pump is a good one to have in your closet (and it comes in several colors).
- A well tailored blazer: You want to find one that either fits you like it's tailored off the rack (which can be difficult) or one that you have tailored by a tailor or seamstress. This BOSS Jabina suiting blazer is a great starting point since it's a classic silhouette with clean lines (for a lower price point this Halogen one button jacket is a nice alternative).
- A pop of color: Whether you add in a color shirt under a blazer, a necklace, scarf or belt like this ornamental red belt from J Crew that we see here, a pop of color can turn a boring outfit into an interesting one.
Also mentioned in this episode: