Episode 57: Uneeka Jay Talks About “Having it All,” Moving Up the Ladder and Rewriting Your Life
In this episode of Beyond the Business Suit, I had the pleasure of interviewing Uneeka Jay. If you are not familiar with Uneeka, you are in for a treat! Uneeka is an accomplished executive and powerhouse with a wealth of knowledge that I know you will appreciate. She is a senior executive of a medical company and the founder of Rewrite 365 LLC., a boutique personal development firm serving women and the companies where they are leaders.
In this episode we covered many topics: from how Uneeka moved her way up the corporate ranks from a customer service rep to SVP, how she manages a successful career while being the mother of five (yes FIVE!) children, how mentors and sponsors have helped her in her career and how she now helps women to rewrite their lives. Make sure to listen to the full episode for all of the great information she shares with us.
“[I decided on] not making a name for myself by stepping on anyone else, but making a name for myself by understanding the business, not being afraid to speak up in meetings and always coming to the table with a solution.”
“I climbed because I worked harder than everyone else.”
“God is the source and everything else is a resource.”
Uneeka Jay is the founder of Rewrite 365 LLC., a boutique personal development firm serving women and the companies where they are leaders. Uneeka effortlessly blends her 20 years of training, operations and leadership experience with the wisdom she has obtained over the last decade as a senior executive in corporations with revenues up to half a billion dollars. This enables her to exceed her client’s expectations.
Uneeka’s direct, high energy approach has opened doors for her to speak and consult for corporations like Nationwide Insurance, Johnson and Johnson, Medtronic, Hillsborough County Schools, The American Society of Civil Engineers, The American Society of Training and Development, The Urban League and countless non-profit organizations. Media appearances include CNN, Black Enterprise, The Philadelphia Enquirer and many more.
The Final Five
- Uneeka's personal secret weapon of success: understanding that God is the source and everything else is a resource.
- If I asked 10 people who know Uneeka to describe her in 3-5 words, they would say: energetic, change agent and compassionate.
- Uneeka's morning routine: she wakes up and prays, writes in her journal and reads her bible. Then she works for about 45 minutes to understand how her operations are running before she goes into work. On her commute she listens to confessions and then starts calling her team. By the time her feet hit the door in the office, she understands what happened yesterday and has a general idea for how her leaders will be preparing for the day.
- Uneeka's “power outfit”: Any great fitting pant suit with a wide legged pant and a well-fitting blazer. Her ultimate power outfit is a cream suit and heels.
- How you can connect with Uneeka:
Have any questions for Uneeka? Leave a comment!