Episode 53: Amanda Miller Littlejohn Helps Us Gain Clarity on Our Calling
I am sure Amanda will give you some things to think about that may lead to more clarity around what you should be doing.
In this episode, Amanda shares:
- More about the work she does and how she got started doing it
- How she helps people “package their genius”
- What small investment can make a huge difference in your brand
- How you can tap into and gain clarity on your calling. Three steps Amanda mentions you can take are:
- What activities or work do you do that give(s) you energy?
- What drains you? What do you dread doing?
- What are people thanking you for that are also the things that bring you energy?
- What's next for Amanda in 2016
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Branding Box (Amanda's signature product)
- The Goal Crushers Facebook Group (you can learn more about the group and the challenge that we first did last year here)
Amanda Miller Littlejohn is a top nationally recognized expert on personal branding. She is an idea oven, brand problem solver, and creative powerhouse working at the intersection of public relations, journalism, marketing and social media. A former full-time print journalist and a writer first by training and passion, Amanda uses her unique storytelling lens and reporting skills to help her clients uncover and subsequently share better brand stories. Through her coaching programs, signature personal branding system The Branding Box, Amanda is a motivating business coach for entrepreneurs and experts who are seeking brand clarity, and fresh ideas on how to emerge as experts in their chosen fields.
The Final 5:
- Some of Amanda's “secret weapons of success”: her writing skills and work ethic.
- If I asked 10 people who know Amanda to describe her in 3-5 words, they would say: creative, motivating, loving and intelligent. Side bar: two of the best books Amanda has read recently are How to Be a Power Connector by Judy Robinett and Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life by Brian Tracy.
- Amanda's morning routine: she gets up 45 minutes before her boys, makes her coffee and spends at least 30 minutes journaling. She gets a Kate Spade journal every year to write in (this is one of my personal favorites).
- How Amanda manages her life, family and career: she tries to involve her kids as much as possible in her business so they can be a part of it and better understand what she does. They take pride in working on and packing The Branding Box. It helps that her husband is one of her biggest cheerleaders and her husband and children are “Team AML” and super supportive.
- Amanda's “power outfit”: a statement necklace and some Warby Parker glasses always make her feel like “her.”
Connect with Amanda:
- Website: www.amandamillerlittlejohn.com
- Twitter: @amandamogul
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/AmandaMillerLittlejohn/
Do you have any questions for Amanda? Post them in the comments below.